APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN
Pay Range: $45,000 to $50,000 annually
The Manager of Development and Communications is a new and exciting full-time position for Women of the World. There is incredible opportunity to elevate both the awareness for the organization and strengthen community support. The individual hired will lead efforts to design and implement a comprehensive fundraising and communications program with a focus on expanding awareness in the community and building support amongst individual donors especially major gift prospects. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Familial office culture
Paid Time Off
Flexible Health Spending Account
Flexible work hours including work-from-home and considerations for part-time (30 hrs minimum) flexibility.
• Oversee all day-to-day operations of the Development Department.
• Help create a culture of philanthropy amongst staff and Board.
• Create and implement an annual strategic fundraising plan that supports the vision of the organization and is responsive to various funding sources.
• Develop annual list of prospects and generate expected revenue for annual budgeting.
• Provide leadership for planning, creating, and executing all fundraising activities including an annual campaign; foundation grants; corporate giving; major donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement, and stewardship; and special events.
• Prioritize major gifts and lead the CEO and Board in major donor activities.
• Provide fundraising leadership to the Board of Directors, including attending Board meetings, facilitating Board trainings, identifying prospective donors and managing Board giving.
• Oversee all foundation strategy and implementation including foundation relations and private grant writing.
• Oversee all fundraising-related event planning and execution.
• Oversee all Salesforce and Fundhero databases.
• Manage and develop grant-writing function
• Represent Women of the World at presentations, media appearances, and one on one meetings.
• Create and execute a comprehensive public relations and marketing plan that raises community awareness.
• Oversee the production of all communications, including newsletters, annual reports, and the website.
• Ensure brand continuity throughout all agency materials.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; masters preferred. Strong written, verbal, and public speaking skills.
• Demonstrated success in securing gifts and developing partnerships with individuals, corporations, and foundations.
• Demonstrated grant research and grant writing knowledge
• Ability to manage and develop budgets.
• Experience conceptualizing and implementing special events.
• Ability to organize time effectively, establish priorities, and manage many tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with capital campaigns is a plus.
Email resume, grant writing sample, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may be submitted until the position is filled.