Update 26 May 2019: There is 1 Intensive English Contract Opening. Closing 15 June 2019.
Read the job description and apply below…
Intensive English Contract Description
Women of the World is looking for a part time Intensive English teacher to lead a program for refugee women. Course work would include instruction in grammar, reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills. Our ideal candidate has worked with international populations in the past, and is interested in working with students who have come to the US in need of education and/or jobs.
This course will provide intensive English language instruction specific to the needs of individual students. Competent interpersonal communication in English is a long-term goal, and everyone moves at a different pace. This program will emphasize specific areas of English related to the interests and desires of the students. This adult learners class will require the instructor to construct a curriculum that fits the skill level and objectives of the students, relying on the Equipped for the Futureclassroom initiative to inform the structure.
This is a two month program that will run Monday through Thursday, 9am-1pm, allowing students to gain language skills in a concentrated, student-specific setting.
· Bachelors in English, Education, Second Language, Linguistics, or a related field.
· One year of teaching ESL or an equivalent experience.
· Passion for engaging with students from multicultural backgrounds
· Masters degree in TESOL, English, Education, Second Language, Linguistics, or a related field.
· Experience with Arabic, Farsi, French, or other languages.
· Education and/or work experience regarding PTSD in individuals.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com