APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN
Pay: $65,000 - $75,000 annual salary (Based on experience)
Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and disability/life insurance.
401(k) savings plan
Flexible Health Spending Account of $75 every 2 weeks
Familial office culture
Paid Time off & generous holiday (Total of 29 days)
The Operations Director is central to what makes Women of the World a unique and trusted center for female refugee, asylum seekers, and immigrants in Salt Lake City. The Operations Director ensures that the operations run seamlessly; that our programs make a lasting and positive impact; and the Executive Director is supported in her administrative tasks, freeing her to act as a spokeswoman, advocate, and fundraiser.
The Operations Director supervises administrative, operational, and financial functions like developing a robust volunteer program; database support, reporting, and housekeeping; scheduling issues; strategic planning for policy (workflow) administration, hiring, training, and retention; and ensuring that events and operations run smoothly. The Operations Director assists the Executive Director in administrative, partnership development, governmental advocacy, strategic direction setting, data analysis, and fundraising.
• Maintains and updates Board and Committee information, e.g. Board Directory, Orientation Manual, Member Files, and monthly Board mailings.
• Organizes meetings including, but not limited to, all matters related to the preparation of meeting materials, room set up and breakdown, catering, etc. for Staff Meetings, Board Meetings and Board Committee Meetings.
• Oversees marketing and communications functions.
• Understands financial processes and reports to enable management of the finance function.
• Ensures that all governance, legal, and financial regulation compliance requirements are met for audit purposes.
• Manages online charity presence, including posting current 990, achieves top ratings, etc.
• Assists the Executive Director in developing projects and personnel for internships and VISTA project management.
• Maintains and manages the volunteer mentor program. Works with Case Managers to improve mentor-mentee matching. Conducts volunteer intake. Works with Executive Director to develop ad-hoc volunteer programs with local corporate or academic institutions.
• Partners with project managers, case managers, and Executive Director in locating essential resources for clients.
• Organizes the collection of volunteer programmatic staff data.
• Develops protocols to ensure data security and correctness and/or enter client data into database in a timely manner.
• Develops new reports needed by Executive or Development Staff.
• Develops data for grant impact summaries for Development or Executive staff or marketing material.
• Develops proposals to update the Data Collection Logic Model Salesforce entry to better ensure data accuracy and impact accuracy.
• Ensures that staff is hired, trained, managed, and performance is evaluated so that our team’s ability to provide services to refugees, asylees, and other displaced persons is maximized.
• Ensures that team member performance is evaluated at least every six months and work and development plans are in place for job function and professional growth, respectively. For individuals that have numerous or high-impact performance items below expectations, performance management, warnings, and even termination will be the responsibility of the Operations Director.
• Ensures the schedule is well-managed—that is, it is equitable, utilizes individual skills or language aptitude, and is arriving at solutions that improve outcomes for clients.
• Works with the Executive Director to ensure Monthly Staffing Reports are timely, accurately reflect the work, and clearly differentiate WoW from other service providers.
• Leads a weekly meeting with all staff to ensure 2-way communication, review case management case studies, and teambuilding.
• Holds one-on-one meetings once per month with direct reports.
• Represents Women of the World at meetings and other outreach activities where necessary.
• Helps coordinate and manage events.
• At least four (4) years of progressive experience management/operations experience. Human Resources experience preferred.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
• Strong general office skills, computer skills, and administrative experience including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint) required. Ability to develop professional documents, including online newsletter, will be validated during interview process.
• Experience managing Dropbox file system preferred.
• Previous experience with database manipulation and entry, especially Salesforce CSRM, preferred. Ability to reach out to perform surveys or update contact information based on data review preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, well organized, and dependable.
• Sensitive to the needs of diverse cultural communities.
• Ability to clearly communicate with public, donors, and clients.
• Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team. Humility to help with tasks required to maintain an office that serves as both the “third place” for our clients and as a fundraising magnet for our donors.
• Have a strong entrepreneurial spirit to define and execute on what is needed without being told what to do. Must be able to resource tools from the internet that will make the office run more efficiently and effectively.
• Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
• Exceptional writing and dictation skills necessary.
• Previous experience in high-accountability roles designing or executing fundraising events preferred.
• Previous experience managing people required.
• Mission driven: a desire to be part of a service to something bigger than yourself.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality as it relates to handling client information and complete a confidentiality disclosure.
• Long-term commitment (3 year minimum) to being a part of an internationally recognized service organization preferred.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may be submitted until the position is filled.