APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN
Health Spending Account
Paid Time Off
Women-run, woman-founded organization
Entrepreneurial, autonomous, design thinking culture
Case Managers connect clients to employment, health, and social service resources in the community with the goal of helping clients become self-sufficient. The Refugee Case Manager will gain valuable experience assisting with a variety of professional duties that contribute to the efficiency of operations within the Customized Advocacy, Practical English, and Economic Empowerment programs. Case Management services include an array of support services such as referral for health care, child care, housing, utility assistance, language, and vocational training, family wellness training, emergency financial assistance, and transportation and interpreter/translation assistance to help clients access and utilize services in culturally and linguistically appropriate manners.
Customized advocacy builds women-to-women networks that empower English education, economic development, and/or human rights for Utah’s refugee women and their families. Women-to-women networks offer a safe place to build friendships supported by conservative cultures upset by post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSD) while empowering important gender-based, socio-economic skills that are largely under-realized by refugee women.
Provide case management services to refugees, asylees, and other displaced persons; services include: coordinating housing, medical appointments, inter-agency referrals, orientation/client education, school enrollments, employment placement, and preparation, etc.
Assist with new client intake
Assist with social service applications
Partner with social service case managers in locating essential resources for clients
Attend community meetings as a representative for the Women of the World
Educate WoW clients in transportation to appointments
Help coordinate special events for clients
Coordinate client and volunteer data entry
Follow-up on reporting requirements
Utilize community resources and programs to assist clients
Maintain detailed case file documentation and case notes
Prepare reports and ensure program targets and outcomes are met
Represent the organization at meetings and other outreach activities
Work with volunteers and co-sponsors to assist with services provided to clients
Serve as an advocate for clients
● At least 18 years of age
● Sensitivity to the needs of diverse cultural communities
● Must carry automobile insurance and have a clean driving record. Must have own reliable transportation.
● Must be able to maintain confidentiality as it relates to handling client information and fill out a confidentiality disclosure.
● Must be able to work with highly emotional and sensitive backgrounds while remaining professional and focusing on the client’s needs and long term goals
● Must be able to pass a criminal background check
● Must be willing to meet clients in their homes or where the needs exist: government offices, offices of employment, etc.
● Computer proficient including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
● Capable of working independently with proven experience in achieving goals
● Committed to serving this organization for a minimum of 3 years
● High English language proficiency required; fluency in an additional language spoken by the client base. Preference is given to Arabic and French.
● Experience working with diverse populations and refugee social service programs
● Education or experience in Social Work or working with vulnerable populations
● Experience with Salesforce, or other client-based databases
Email resume and cover letter to . Applications may be submitted until the position is filled.